The primary objective of outreach workers is to locate, interact, and connect with youth at risk and their families to make referrals to social and community agencies that can provide them with programs and services.
Outreach workers also provide the following services:
- Home visits
- School visits
- Personal and Family support
- Will attend and/or transport youth to appointments and meetings (eg: court, doctor, counselor, etc.)
- Assistance with any forms
- Recreational Services eg. A friend to play basketball with, etc.
- Positive role model for youth
- Act as a liaison and mediator
- Ensure youth are safe
- Empower youth to make safe, positive, healthy, and responsible decisions
- Listen and encourage youth to express their needs
- Act as spokespersons to identify gaps in community services
- Provide a non-judgmental environment that is respectful to all youth
- Help locate missing youth
We have a website at: http://www.concernforyouth.ca/
We can also be found on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Concern-For-Youth/241625245895817
Join the Discussion
We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.