T ammy Donahue Buziak, Archivist, City of North Battleford Historic Archives
This is a photograph of W.F. Goudin en route for Ottawa with horse and cart from W. Dewan Livery in front of the Queen’s Hotel in Battleford, Saskatchewan.
This picture is dated December 20, 1901.
The Queen’s Hotel is the oldest operating hotel in the province of Saskatchewan. Originally it was a two storey log boarding house that was built in 1883 and later it was used for the Battle River Agricultural Society and Doctor's and Lawyers offices from 1885 to 1886.
The building was used officially as a hotel in 1889, and a third storey was added in 1890.
The Queen's Hotel is located at 101 - 25th Street West in Battleford, Saskatchewan.
Special Thanks to Helen and Glenn Kayfish for use of this original historical image.
Join the Discussion
We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.