Unattended pot causes fire in N.B.

By battlefordsNOW Staff
September 9, 2016 - 5:36pm

The North Battleford Fire Department responded to an apartment building fire which was started by an unattended pot on the stove.

The department was called to a three-storey apartment building in the 900 block of 105th St. on Friday, Sept. 9 at 12:47 p.m. where a fire started in an apartment kitchen.

Firefighters were able to contain and extinguish the bottom floor apartment and emergency crews were on scene for two hours.

All tenants were evacuated prior to fire crews arriving.

The extent of damage is unknown at this time, but there were no injuries reported.

The North Battleford Fire Department reminds residents not to leave cooking unattended and to make sure stoves are turned off when not in use.

 

[email protected]

On twitter: @battlefordsnow

Q98 15K prize to go to couple's kitchen makeover

Join the Discussion

We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.